Shawn B. Williamson's Updates
Congratulations on being selected as a Houstonia 2022-2023 Top Lawyer in Business and Contract Litigation again this year!!!
- Successful level 3 grievance in North Texas with a vote for to change school dress code
- Survived Federal motion to dismiss for sovereign immunity in SD Laredo for a Title 9 case.
- Successful grievance here in the area for a student regarding bullying.
- Settled multimillion dollar estate issue in East Texas regarding estate characterization of property.
- Probated a dual estates for a grandmother and her daughter in both Polk and Harris county.
- Proved up 136000 default judgement for both liquidated and unliquidated damages in Fort bend .
- Settled a contested administration involving multiple minors in fort bend.
- Settled multimillion dollar estate involving fighting siblings and high dollar properties in Fort bend.
- Successfully negotiated a total dismissal for findings of wrongdoing for a private school student
- A Motion to Dismiss granted for real property issues related to a contested probate
- Mediated a settlement in a 4 year commercial construction case
- Completed a 3 year administration including negotiating 3rd party lawsuits to the estate
- Successfully negotiated a family settlement agreement in an estate involving agriculture and mineral assets
- Resolved a foreclosure case through mediation.
- Got our client appointed Guardian of the Estate and person of their elderly mother.
- Got client appointed as Temporary Administrator and Administrator with will annexed in two separate counties.
- Creditor’s claim was dismissed against college student under the wrong identity.
- Negotiated and settled an agreement with a private school in a disciplinary action on behalf of a student.
- Successfully filed a TRO on behalf of an employer against a former employee for usurpation of trade secrets.
- Successfully mediated a dispute between an employer and employee regarding a non-solicitation issue.
- Successfully dismissed a plaintiff’s defamation claim under the Texas Anti-SLAPP pursuant to Texas statute, including award of Attorney’s fees and cost.
- Participated in an online bench trial in contested probate matter.
- Negotiated with school board on behalf of student facing expulsion issues to resolution.
- Participated in contested guardianship as Attorney Ad litem for client with serious COVID complications, awarded the client a temporary guardian of choice.
- 9/9: Judicial District of Harris County, Texas: successfully defeated a request for temporary restraining order requested by tenant in a construction delay case representing the landlord.
- 9/16: Justice Court of Galveston County: successfully represented landlord in eviction against tenant refusing to allow access to property.
To view Shawn’s Attorney Profile: Visit Here