Richard Simmons' Updates
- 8/31/21: RAS negotiated a resolution of a dispute over garnished bank funds frozen by a creditor who froze payments inadvertently sent to the wrong business.
- 9/09/21: RAS negotiated the resolution of a federal lawsuit by an employee complaining of unpaid FLSA overtime pay, FMLA violations and related retaliation claims.
- 9/10/21: RAS negotiated a resolution through mediation for payments due to a financial institution in bankruptcy with multiple lien claimants seeking priority over the limited funds available.
- Assisted clients with transfer of their interest in a family owned business after multiple months of ownership dispute with family members prior to anyone having to file litigation claims in court.
- Finalized a business lawsuit settlement dealing with cancellation of automatically renewing service contract.
- Panel speaker on prejudgment Remedies at the 2020 Texas Bar Collections and Creditors’ Rights CLE last Thursday (8-27-2020)
- 9-9: Judicial District of Pecos County: successfully finalized negotiated agreement on multi-party bond claim ensuring pro-rata distribution of bond funds to client after certain parties sought to preclude certain claimants
- 9-9: Judicial District of Harris County, Texas: successfully negotiated resolution of claims against corporate client after insurer refused coverage.
View Richard’s profile here: Attorney Profile